Did you know that if you were to lay out your blood vessels, they would wrap around Earth more than twice?
What about the fact that your nose can detect a trillion different smells?
Or that your thumb has its own pulse?
Your body is one of the most complex machines in the world and it takes more than the occasional visit to your GP to keep it in prime condition.
That’s why we offer Extras cover. Extras cover helps you pay for those visits to healthcare professionals that keep you healthy.
At nib, we offer a range of so you can choose one that’s right for you and your family. However, there are some core inclusions that we pay benefits for across all our Extras policies, such as:
- Ambulance – With any nib Extras policy, if you require an emergency ambulance, we will cover 100% of the cost and you won’t have to pay any excess1. For more information, check out our article: How much does it cost to call an emergency ambulance in my state?
- Preventative dental – We pay benefits for dental examinations, scale and cleans and fluoride treatments to keep you smiling. Even better, we offer our First Choice dental network – a network of trusted dentists that provide their services to nib members for a lower cost. So, before you make an appointment, search for a local dentist via our find a provider tool
- General dental – Need a filling, basic extraction or X-ray on your teeth? That’s where general dental comes in
- Major dental – Major dental includes procedures like crowns and bridges, root canal therapy, surgical tooth removal, dentures and implants
- Optical – Visiting your optometrist? nib Extras pays benefits for prescription glasses and contact lenses. Plus, if you visit an nib Eye Care centre, you’ll be able to choose from a range of glasses and lenses that you can claim 100% back on2 – that means you won’t have to pay a cent!
- Physiotherapy – Physios can help relieve muscle pain, restore muscle strength and regain range of motion. Our First Choice Network also includes trusted physios that provide services to nib members for a lower cost. Looking for a physio? Search the nib First Choice network now to find a provider
But there’s more to nib Extras cover than just the core inclusions. We know that everyone is different when it comes to their health, so we offer a range of Extras covers that can also provide cover towards the cost of these popular treatments:
- Healthier lifestyle – With the right cover, we’ll pay benefits towards your gym membership, personal training sessions and weight management programs (like Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers). For more information on how to claim, head to our Gym and weight management claiming page
- Chiropractic and Osteopathy – Suffering from back and neck pain, sciatica, headaches, joint pains or muscle strain? A trip to the chiro or osteo could be on the cards
- Psychology – It’s not just our physical health that we need to look after, but also our mental health. A psychologist can provide support when it comes to relationship problems, stress, weight control problems and anxiety.
- Dietary advice – Need some help meal planning and preparing healthy foods for you and the family? Dietitians and nutritionists can help guide you
- Natural therapies – Natural therapies like acupuncture, myotherapy, Chinese herbalism and remedial massage can help relieve pain and improve your health and wellbeing
- Orthodontia – Need a little help straightening up those teeth? We have covers that offer benefits for braces and plates
is a great way to help with the costs that come with keeping you and your family healthy. For a full list of nib Extras covers, their inclusions and costs, head to our get a quote page. If you’ve got questions about claiming, waiting periods or annual limits, check out our article .
1 Not available to: (i) QLD residents who have ambulance services provided by their State ambulance schemes; (ii) TAS residents who are covered under state ambulance schemes in TAS and when travelling in mainland Australia except NSW, SA or QLD; or (iii) pension and health care card holders who have ambulance services provided by State ambulance schemes (check entitlements with Centrelink if unsure).
2 100% back on complete single vision glasses: includes complete single vision lenses and frames from a select range only. The range depends on your level of health cover. Stock and brands are subject to availability and may vary from store to store.