This dish is perfect to make if you’re entertaining or just looking to impress. Haloumi and hummus are a match made in heaven! If you’d prefer a plant-based option, simply swap the haloumi for vegan cheese.
- 4 zucchinis, sliced lengthways
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp za’atar spice blend
- 250g haloumi, cut lengthways into 1cm thick slices
- 4 tbsp good-quality hummus
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange the sliced zucchinis on the baking tray and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and za’atar spice. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the zucchinis are golden.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add slices of haloumi to the pan. Fry for 2–3 minutes, or until the haloumi is golden on one side and then flip and fry on the other side. Once both sides are golden, turn off the pan. Set aside.
- Spread the hummus on a serving plate and add roasted zucchini slices. Arrange the haloumi and top with extra za’atar, sesame and pumpkin seeds. Garnish with fresh parsley and drizzle with lemon juice, to serve.
This recipe is from the newly launched JSHealth Nutrition Clinic App. Download the app to text a nutritionist anytime, access hundreds of healthy recipes and a daily meal planner, unlock 50+ health guides, get body love support and so much more.
For more recipes by Jessica Sepel, check out our dedicated page on The Check Up.