Skip to content
PREV PAGE How to log in to Online Services and the nib App

nib cards

After you join nib, you will be sent a member card in the mail. Your card has your name and customer number on it. An nib card will be sent to all adults listed on the policy, but you can also request additional cards for other policy members.


When do I need my member card?

You can swipe your nib card and claim on the spot at many healthcare providers such as dentists, optometrists and physiotherapists. Once you swipe your card, the amount we can pay will be automatically calculated so you can just pay the difference. You can also use your card to claim at nib Retail Centres.

Can I claim without my member card?

If you forget your card on the day of treatment, you’ll have to pay the full amount charged by your healthcare provider but you’ll be able to claim using the official receipt in your member account or the nib App.

What if the details on my card are incorrect?

If any details on your card are incorrect, please contact us.

How do I order a new nib card?

You can order a new card using nib Online Services, or call us on 13 16 42.

How long will it take for my new card to arrive?

Your new nib card should arrive within 7-10 business days after your order was processed.

My card isn’t working, what do I do?

If you're unable to use your card to claim, there are a few things you can check in your nib account that may solve the problem:

  • Are you covered for the service you’re trying to claim on?
  • Have you served your waiting periods?
  • Have you reached your annual limit for the service?
  • Are you up to date with paying your premiums?

If your card still isn’t working please contact us. More information about your nib card, including the terms you agree to by using it, is in the Policy Booklet.

Continue to the next page

Related articles

Things you didn’t know you could do with your nib health cover

How to claim on the nib app

When do my health insurance annual limits reset?