Skip to content

How can I claim a refund on my OSHC cover?

Need a refund of your Overseas Student Health Cover (ISHC)? If your circumstances have changed (see list below) you can submit a refund request form your member account. Too easy!

When can I request a refund of my OSHC? 

  • You paid for cover but are not coming to Australia 

  • You have been studying in Australia and your student visa was not extended, was cancelled or a renewal/extension was refused 

  • You are no longer on a student visa 

  • You have been granted permanent residence in Australia 

  • You need to leave Australia before the end of your studies and approved period of stay 

  • Your visa start or end dates have changed 

  • You are not living in Australia for three months or more 

  • You have taken out OSHC with another health fund 

  • You want to downgrade the policy (e.g. family to single) 

Log in to request a refund

The quickest way to request a refund is to complete the online form in your member account. You'll find the form in the Payments section of your account.

How to request an OSHC refund through your member account

  1. Log in to your member account

  2. Select ‘My Policy’ then select ‘Payments’ from the drop-down menu 

  3. Select ‘Request a refund’  

  4. Complete the form – all fields are mandatory 

  5. Attach supporting documents. When you select a reason from the ‘Why are you requesting a refund?’ menu, a corresponding list of required supporting documents will be presented. Use the provided field to either drag and drop or choose files for uploading the necessary supporting documents. 

  6. Tap ‘submit’ to finish. You’ll receive a successful submission message 

Having trouble accessing your member account? You can download and complete the OHSC refund form and return it to us with the relevant documents by emailing [email protected].

Continue to the next page