Skip to content

Extend your Overseas Student Health Cover

Is your student visa expiring? We make it quick and easy to extend your health cover.

Renew your nib health insurance, or transfer to nib from any OSHC insurer.

You need overseas student health cover if you choose to remain in Australia as an international student. If you want to extend your student visa, you’ll need to extend your OSHC first.

Already a member? Extend your cover in the nib App

  • Open the nib App, go to ‘Cover’ and select ‘Extend cover’

  • Choose the new end date for your policy

  • Enter your payment details and confirm

  • Receive your OSHC confirmation certificate by email

Don’t have the nib App? Download it now to extend your OSHC, manage your policy and personal details, submit claims, access your nib Rewards and more.

Download on the App StoreDownload on the App StoreGet it on Google PlayGet it on Google Play

If you prefer to speak to a consultant, you can request a callback, or call us to extend your cover on 1800 775 204, Monday-Friday 08:30-18:00 (AEST/AEDT).

If you’re looking to transfer to a 485 graduate visa, we have health cover options to meet your visa requirements. Choose the right 485 Visa health insurance for you.

Students in a computer lab.
  • Meets the Department of Home Affairs student visa requirements

  • Canstar’s 2020 Outstanding Value Award for OSHC

  • Our network of GPs and medical specialists can offer you better value

  • Access your policy 24/7 with the nib App

  • Enjoy savings and discounts with nib Rewards

  • Our dedicated team of international consultants are here to help you

Two women taking a photo.

Get your OSHC confirmation in as little as 5 minutes