Skip to content
nibnib logo

Welcome back!

Extending your OSHC cover or taking out cover for your 485 Graduate visa?

Our experienced team can help you

nib app

Our app makes it easy for you to manage and access your health cover anywhere and at any time.

nib Rewards

Everyday savings on transport, shopping and more with the nib Rewards Program.

Canstar 2019 - 2020 Awards Winner

Canstar, Australia’s biggest financial comparison site has awarded us with their Outstanding Value Award for Overseas Student Health Cover two years running.

nib OSHC products were highly recognised for value by Canstar’s sophisticated rating methodology that compares health insurance policies in the market on both price and features for those travelling to Australia for work.

Staying in Australia?

If you are extending your studies or getting your 485 Graduate Visa, contact us on 1800 775 204 to arrange the health cover you need.

Extend your OSHC

Do not forget to extend your nib student cover if you want to continue studying in Australia.

485 Graduate cover

Starting your career in Australia? You will need health cover that meets your working visa requirements.

Going to hospital?

If you need to go to hospital, call us and we will confirm what is covered under your policy and the hospitals available in your area.

What to do when sick

In Australia, if you are sick you can go to a doctor (also known as a General Practitioner, or GP) for minor medical issues or a hospital if your injury or illness is life-threatening.

If it is an emergency...

If you have a serious or life-threatening injury or illness, go to a hospital emergency department, or call the emergency services on 000 for an ambulance.

If it is not an emergency...

If your condition is not life-threatening but you require medical advice or treatment, you do not need to go to the hospital. Book an appointment to see a doctor.

For minor illnesses, such as coughs, colds or sore throats, you can visit a pharmacy to get medicines to treat your symptoms.

You should always take your membership card and photo ID with you when accessing healthcare services.

Frequently asked questions