nib will pay a Pharmaceutical Prescriptions benefit when:
- The drug is only available on prescription; and
- The drug is listed within the MIMS schedule; and
- The name of the drug does not appear in the Schedule of Pharmaceutical Benefits
The amount customers will be paid will depend on their cover.
A Pharmaceutical Prescriptions benefit will not be paid if the drug is:
- Listed as contraceptive unless they are prescribed to treat a medical condition such as skin disorder or a hormonal condition
- Mixed to form a compound drug where at least one ingredient is not listed on the MIMS schedule. All other ingredients must be listed on either MIMS or the poisons schedule.
- Used as part of your hospital stay (however, these may be claimable under your hospital cover)