This easy one-pan dinner is a recipe the whole family will love. It’s my healthy take on satay chicken with lots of veggies, and it’s delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch broccolini
- Sesame seeds
- Sea salt
- Handful coriander
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Brown rice (optional)
Satay sauce ingredients:
- 2 tbsp organic crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Handful sliced spring onion
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Chop sweet potato into rounds and add it to the perimeter of the tray. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Place chicken breasts in the middle of the tray, pop some baking paper on top and flatten the chicken using your hands. Once flattened, remove baking paper from the chicken and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add satay sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined. Drizzle the sauce over each chicken breast.
- Place the tray into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and add broccolini. Season the broccolini with sea salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place back into oven for 15-20 minutes. Once it’s cooked to your liking, remove tray from oven, top with more spring onion, coriander, sesame seeds and chilli flakes. Serve with brown rice if desired.
Check out more articles by Jess, including the delicious and healthy recipes she created exclusively for nib.
Founder of JSHealth, author of two best-selling books and accredited nutritionist, Jessica Sepel is passionate about taking a balanced approach when it comes to food. Jess believes we need to give up ‘diets’ to overhaul our relationship with food and advocates for moderation, mindfulness at meals and healthy body image.