Skip to content

482 visa health insurance

Health insurance that is right for you and meets your working visa requirements

The Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) visa subclass 482 lets you work in Australia for up to four years, depending on the role and your skills. Our health covers meet your Department of Home Affairs (DHA) visa requirements.

Choose the right 482 Visa health insurance for you

* This price includes a $500 excess per calendar year.

Can't find what you are looking for? Call nib on 1800 775 204

Why choose nib?

482 visa compliant

Our Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) meets your Temporary Skills Shortage 482 visa requirements, including visa condition 8501.

Easy to join

Choose your cover, fill in your details and we'll have your Visa Certificate emailed to you once you're approved.

Easy claiming

Claiming is easy. You can download our app to claim.

What to do when you're sick

In Australia, if you are sick you can go to a GP for minor medical issues or a hospital if you injury or illness is life threatening.

When to see a GP

If you are sick and it's not immediately life threatening but requires treatment, you might need to see a local doctor which is called a GP, or a General Practitioner. For example: cold and flu symptoms, stomach aches or fevers.

When to go to the hospital

If you have a major injury or life threatening illness, call 000 or go to a Hospital Emergency Department immediately. For example: chest pain, unconscious or seizure, diffculty breathing, badly bleeding or injured in a severe accident.

Use our General Practitioner search to find the contact details for a doctor close to your location.

Join over 1 million people already covered with nib

Choose your cover