Skip to content

457 visa health insurance

Switch to a great value health insurance to support your time in Australia and meet your Temporary Work (skilled) 457 visa requirements.

The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) allows you to switch health insurers at any time. When you move to one of our health covers, any waiting periods already served with your previous Australian health insurer will be recognised.

Choose the right 457 Visa health insurance for you

* This price includes a $500 excess per calendar year.

Can't find what you are looking for? Call nib on 1800 775 204

Why choose nib

457 Visa compliant

Our 457 health covers meet 457 visa condition 8501 as specified by the Department of Home Affairs.

Easy claiming

Claiming is easy. You can download our app to claim.

Switching is easy

You can move to an nib health cover today in 3 simple steps.

Switch to nib health insurance in 3 easy steps

It's important to get the most from your health insurance which is why we offer a range of quality health covers, designed for working visitors.


Choose the cover that best suits your needs

All of our health covers meet the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) requirements, so all you need to do is choose a cover that meets your health needs.


Apply online or call 1800 775 204

Have your previous Australian health insurer details handy as you will need to provide these to us when you apply.


Provide us with a Clearance Certificate

A Clearance Certificate allows us to finalise the switch to nib.
Ask your previous Australian health fund to supply your Clearance Certificate.

Join over 1 million people already covered with nib

Choose your cover